STAGE DRESSING & WHO MADE SHARP
"constructing rituals from nothing much...
this is the most believable world I’ve made for myself yet. this is a private moment. get in here. ruin me. no one promised a nice cry."
DESIDERATUM: PSYCHE & EROS RETOLD
short story/misfit doc
"Blood may be thicker than water, but you can drown in both."
"The rain felt the quiet and stopped; there are some sounds even the rain doesn’t want to step into."
CLEARING SPACE IN MY BED
"Realizing I was bisexual was made more difficult by my body image issues. For a long time, I couldn’t tell the difference between being attracted to a woman and wanting to look like her."
"When you say you’ll be over soon, I want to say that you can only come over if you promise to communicate. Instead, I say,
"there are no small children in this room
except for the ones we used to be
"People in the south have mouths that cradle their vowels like a hunter holds his gun.
Speak slow ‘round the molasses of their thoughts and savor the sound."
DEGREES / OF / SEPERATION
"bad news on the doorstep — waking up to a broken down car and not knowing where to find the money to fix it — under the front tire — days like this make me doubt magic"
"we check our lipstick while crossing Broadway and 5th. scoff at taxi drivers. we do it all again next weekend. wear out clown costumes in black because it is in this season. eat out of reserved trash cans that can never spell my name right on their label."
• Yes, It's Hard Being A Woman Online
• Am I A Bad Feminist?
• What You Need to Know About Gender Inequality in Sports Coverage
• 3 Things We Can Do To Stop Our Children From Obsessing About Their Weight
• 7 Places to Read About Feminist News
• How Do We Talk About Sex Ed With Our Children?
• Here's Why We Need to Talk About Mental Health
• How Do You Talk About Identity and the Experiences of Others?
• 10 Slam Poems Every Woman Should Listen To
• Meet Ella Dawson, the Woman Tackling Herpes Stigma
• These Are Not Your Average Girl Scouts
• The TV Show You Need To Be Watching Is Janet Mock's
• Literally Paying For Being A Woman
• One Video Proves Why We Need Better Sex Education
• What Would an All-Male Feminist Group Look Like?
• Dove: #LoveYourCurls
• What Wednesday Addams Has to Do with Catcalling
• We Need to Stop Telling Girls to Change This One Thing
• Why You Need To Know the Name Tanya Spears
• Why You Need to Know About the Bentonville Film Festival
• The Superbowl Gets Schooled on What #LikeaGirl Means
• Why I love Sophia Grace's "Best Friends" Video
• 15 Awesome Feminist Reads for the New Year
• 7 Reasons Why English is NOT a Useless Major
• Why I Left My Accent In the South
• Fabulous and Fashionable Fingers for under $50